About the program:
This program is for you if you have lost function, strength, and confidence after an illness or surgery, and you need hospital support for 24 hour nursing care and help with daily tasks. If you’ve had recent surgery, a medical illness, or a new flare-up of an existing medical condition, which has made it difficult to function as you normally would, then you will benefit from the reconditioning program.
If you don’t need to be in hospital please see our day program here.
The main goal of this program is to get you strong and back home again as soon as possible. Members of the rehabilitation team will assess you when you arrive. They will develop a plan for your recovery, re-evaluating it weekly as you improve.
Day to day you will be under the care of your rehabilitation specialist or geriatrician. You will have access to:
- Physiotherapy to redress muscular and neurological imbalances and restore your strength, endurance, function, and stability.
- Occupational therapy to provide support, adaptive strategies, and equipment you may need to help you do things independently and return home safely.
- Rehab nurses to support you in your self-care tasks and medication management while you regain your independence.
- Social work to provide support and advice on how to access additional services at home, or help you arrange supported living accommodation if necessary.
- Dietitian to assess your nutritional needs and provide advice on supplementation where necessary.