About the program:
Our Orthopaedic Rehabilitation Program is designed to improve patient’s confidence and independence with daily tasks, exercise tolerance and to educate patient’s following an orthopaedic surgery such as a joint replacement, spinal surgery or trauma. Through our comprehensive rehabilitation service our Orthopaedic Rehabilitation team will develop an individualised plan tailored to your needs.
This outpatient program is for those who are recovering from orthopaedic conditions such as:
- Recent injury eg fractures
- Joint replacement surgery
- Spinal surgery
- Trauma eg after a motor vehicle accident
- An exacerbation of a musculoskeletal disease
The aim of the program is to help you restore your strength, balance and fitness, and prevent re-injury.
You will first be assessed by the rehabilitation team. The team will develop a plan for your recovery, re-evaluating it regularly as you improve and progress through the program.
Who can benefit from this program?
Patients who have recently had surgery such as a joint replacement including Neck, Knee, Hip , Hand, Shoulder, Arm, Ankle, Foot or Spinal Surgery, Fracture or Trauma, and other related procedures.
The rehabilitation team includes:
- Rehabilitation specialist
- Exercise physiologist
- Occupational therapist
The program runs three times a week in our gym. Sessions may involve:
- strength, balance, and gait training
- balance training and falls prevention
- equipment prescription
- education sessions including falls prevention and energy-saving techniques
- healthy eating education and planning