REHAB OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST
Longueville Private Hospital is looking for an experienced, positive occupational therapist to join our rehabilitation service. The rehab OT is responsible for the assessment and OT management of rehab inpatients and outpatients, with the help of our medical inpatient OT, and the rest of the allied health team.
This is a permanent part-time position Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
Shifts are usually 9-3, with a breakdown as follows:
- 9am: Day Rehab, Heart Wellness Program outpatient cardiac reconditioning session. The OT runs education and exercise sessions as part of the MDT including Cardiac RN, EP, dietitian and social work.
- 10:30am: Ward, assessing and managing the rehab inpatients.
- 1:30pm: Day Rehab, Orthopaedic and reconditioning program.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in rehabilitation occupational therapy, and be confident to conduct:
- Functional assessments
- Patient and carer equipment training
- Pressure care assessments
- Facilitate discharges to the community by organising necessary equipment, home modifications and service referrals
- Home visits
- Cognitive screening
- OT outpatient programmes
Must be an Australian Citizen or Australian Permanent Resident.
To apply please forward your CV to Bianca McElwee, Allied Health Manager Bianca.firstname.lastname@example.org
No Agency responses please
Longueville Private Hospital is committed to equal employment opportunity and embraces diversity and inclusion within its workforce. As such, people from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. This includes, but is not limited to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, People with Disability, Women and People from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse backgrounds.
Last Updated: 17/02/2021