Longueville Private Hospital (LPH) is a 38 bed hospital that provides acute medical care, reconditioning and palliative services. LPH has now expanded to offer Rehabilitation Services. Our focus is empowering patients to better manage their own health, using multidisciplinary expertise and new technology.
We are looking for an experienced, positive occupational therapist to join our team, 3-4 days a week. You will be working mostly with medical inpatients, but also with some rehab inpatients and outpatients as required.
You will shape and guide our service, with the help of our experienced allied health team. There may be opportunity to expand the role to full time hours as our rehab services grow.
The right candidate will have demonstrated experience in rehabilitation occupational therapy roles. Your skill set will enable you to support adult/aged patients with an interesting and varied range of conditions including medical, orthopaedic, neurological, musculoskeletal, cardiology and palliative patients.
This is a permanent part-time position.
- Perform comprehensive occupational therapy functional assessments
- Patient and carer equipment training
- Conduct pressure care assessments
- Facilitate discharges to the community by organising necessary equipment, home modifications and service referrals
- Conduct home visits as needed
- Be involved in the running of OT programmes in our new outpatient setting
- Conduct cognitive screening and run group cognitive engagement sessions
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in acute medical, rehabilitation or aged care physiotherapy
- Expertise in online referral systems for Home Modifications and My Aged Care referral pathways
- Working knowledge of Word and Excel
- Occupational Therapy Qualification with APHRA registration
- Australian Citizen or Australian Permanent Resident.
Longueville Private Hospital is committed to equal employment opportunity and embraces diversity and inclusion within its workforce. As such, people from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. This includes, but is not limited to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, People with Disability, Women and People from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse backgrounds.
No Agency responses please
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email your CV and cover letter to:
Bianca McElwee – Allied Health Manager: email@example.com
Please note: only successful candidates will be contacted.
Last updated: 15/03/2021