At Longueville Private Hospital the health and well being of our patients, staff and local community is paramount to us.
While we remain open and operating as usual, we are closely monitoring the current novel coronavirus (COVID-19) situation and are committed to taking every precaution to protect our patients, staff and the community.
Please note: testing for COVID-19 is not available at Longueville Private Hospital.
As of Monday 16th March 2020, we have increased our precautionary measures, aimed at minimising the risk to patients, visitors, staff and others in the community, and have implemented the following:
- Visitor Screening: All visitors, including suppliers, contractors and couriers, will now be risk screened on entry to the hospital. We ask for your cooperation in regard to this matter.
- One Visitor Per Patient Policy: Each patient will be allowed to nominate one visitor for the duration of their stay at the hospital. This is consistent with the Ministry of Health Guidelines.
- Infection Control: On entry to and exit from the hospital please make use of the available hand sanitiser and hand washing stations.
Visiting hours have been amended and will now finish at 6pm daily. We kindly request all visitors adhere to this.
We kindly request any individual who falls into the following categories does not visit the hospital. If you currently have or have had in the last 14 days:
- fever or an elevated temperature
- symptoms associated with an acute respiratory infection, including but not limited to: fever, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat or have felt unwell
- travelled to an affected country
- been in contact with an infection person
- been on one of the flights that have had individuals test positive to COVID-19
In order to protect our patients, staff and other visitors, Hospital Management reserves the right to deny entry to any individual that could be considered a risk. We kindly ask for your understanding.
To protect yourself and your family it is recommended that young children, the elderly, and those with chronic conditions or a compromised immune system refrain from visiting any hospital, except for emergencies.
If you have any concerns please do not hesitate to get in contact with us.
Last updated: 18/03/2020 11:34am