ABOUT THE ROLE
We are currently seeking a reliable and friendly individual to join our team in the maintenance department in a casual capacity, to assist us in maintaining the property and grounds of the hospital.
Ideally this position would suit a local who is flexible, considers themselves handy, someone who is confident using tools and who doesn’t mind a bit of manual work. Trade qualifications are not required, however the ideal candidate should be able to complete the following tasks competently:
- General garden maintenance: blowing leaves, putting out sprinklers and watering the gardens, cleaning and refilling water features/fountains, general assistance to gardening team as required.
- Exterior of building: clearing cobwebs, cleaning and staining of decking and timber furniture, clearing out gutters, external window cleaning.
- Internal: patching and painting, changing batteries to equipment, changing light bulbs and florescent tubes, installing hooks and hanging items as required (able to find studs and use power tools), restocking machines with chemicals, testing of back up generator.
- Cleaning air conditioning filters, vents, fans and light fittings.
- Receive and unpack deliveries, restock oxygen cylinders, move furniture and equipment.
- General repairs and maintenance of furniture and equipment including replacing armrests, legs, checking moving parts are functional, oiling equipment, checking for wear and tear etc.
- Assemble new furniture and equipment.
- Troubleshoot any repair and maintenance issues and coordinate with external contractors as required.
- Maintain accurate records of all repairs and maintenance activities.
The position would suit someone looking to supplement their income with up to 10-15 hrs of work per week, worked across 2 days – this may vary depending on the hospital’s needs that week.
- Be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident, or hold the relevant visa for employment in Australia.
- Police Check.
- Up to date vaccination record.
- Flexible rostering
- Ample free parking
- A lovely atmosphere to work in with friendly staff
Please send your expression of interest outlining your suitability for the role and CV to Felicity Yau, Administration Manager at: [email protected]
No Agency Responses Please
Please note, only successful candidates will be contacted.
Longueville Private Hospital is committed to equal employment opportunity and embraces diversity and inclusion within its workforce. As such, people from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. This includes, but is not limited to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, People with Disability, Women and People from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse backgrounds.
Last Updated: 02/03/2022