ABOUT THE ROLE
We are currently recruiting a Part Time Administration Assistant at Longueville Private Hospital, reporting to the Administration Manager. We are seeking an enthusiastic, well-spoken professional to provide administrative support for the clinical team as a ward clerk in a busy medical and rehabilitation ward, and to also provide leave cover for Admission Clerks and members of the Accounts Team.
You must be able to thrive in a busy environment, with sometimes competing and unplanned workloads, and able to proactively meet any challenge within deadlines. You should consider yourself a high achiever, problem solver and team player.
The ideal candidate will be a quick-thinking all-rounder, a keen and fast learner, flexible, customer focused, detail oriented and able to work effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team, as well as confidently in an autonomous environment.
The right candidate will be able to work up to 3 days a week, and also have the flexibility to provide leave cover for colleagues and support the administration and accounts team in a casual capacity as needed.
A background in healthcare, understanding of medical terminology, and understanding of hospital related AP and AR is highly desirable. Initially the role will primarily fill the position of ward clerk for day and afternoon shifts. The ideal candidate will possess the capability to also taken on the role of Admissions Clerk and back up the Account Payable function/Accounts Assistant role as leave cover.
In your role as Administration Assistant you will be responsible for a variety of duties. This will include, but is not limited to:
- Greeting patients, visitors, contractors, consultants and VMOs at reception and completing hospital screening and sign in procedures.
- Answering phones and emails, and directing enquiries in a timely and efficient manner.
- Providing support and assistance with clerical duties for the Administration and Finance team; clinical staff including doctors, nurses and Allied Health practitioners; and the Senior Management Team.
- Booking appointments, diagnostics and pathology, and organising transportation and nurse escorts as required.
- Completing patient pre-admission bookings, eligibility checks, third party pre-approvals; and processing patient admissions and accounts in our Patient Admissions System (webPAS).
- Assisting patients/next of kin with completing admission paperwork and informed financial consent.
- Liaising with health funds, third party insurers, government departments; HCP and AN-SNAP data submissions.
- Preparing and maintaining medical records.
- Maintaining and updating records, credentialing and contracts for VMOs, all clinical staff, contractors and suppliers.
- Accounts Receivable function: a background in private hospital billing is highly desirable.
- Raising invoices, health fund and third party insurance billing, doctors billing, sundry billing, cash receipting including cash handling and processing payments through EFTPOS, HICAPS and/or PRODA, and debt collection.
- Accounts Payable function: a high level of data accuracy, understanding of allocations and cash flows, and strong reconciliation skills are essential.
- Invoice processing and EFT payments, bank reconciliation, general ledger entries, inter-company transactions, balance sheet and P&L reconciliations, BAS reporting, banking, and assistance with month end procedures and reporting.
- General filing, typing, office housekeeping, mail processing and supply ordering/receipting.
- General IT support required, including hardware knowhow, and intermediate to advanced use of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Assistance with processing improvement projects, including system implementations, migrations and streamlining processes.
- An understanding of cash flow, revenue cycles and key performance indicators.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills, with a high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong communication, written and verbal, and interpersonal skills.
- Flexibility, and a team player.
- Works well independently, and has a strong sense of accountability.
- Well-developed IT skills.
- Prior experience in a hospital administration and/or hospital finance setting.
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Experience with webPAS
- Experience with Technology One
- 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Flexible rostering
- Opportunities for professional and personal growth
- Ample free parking
- A lovely atmosphere to work in with friendly staff
Longueville Private Hospital is committed to equal employment opportunity and embraces diversity and inclusion within its workforce. As such, people from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. This includes, but is not limited to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, People with Disability, Women and People from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse backgrounds.
No Agency Responses Please
Click HERE to apply. Please include your CV and a cover letter outlining your experience.
Please note, only successful candidates will be contacted.
Last Updated: 04/05/2021