We are looking for a highly skilled Cardiac RN to provide cover, on a casual basis, for our current cardiac RNs when they go on leave. Cover may be required for 4-hour shifts from 8am-12pm Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. This is a Casual position, with the potential to become Permanent Part Time as the programme grows.
You will work within the Heart Wellness programme, alongside our team of Cardiologists, our Cardiac EP, occupational therapist and dietitian who make up the Heart Wellness team. You will be responsible for the assessment and management of inpatients with chronic and subacute coronary conditions, and you will assist in the growth of the Heart Wellness Program.
- Assessment of Heart Wellness and Rehabilitation patients in both Inpatient and Outpatient settings
- Cardiac Monitoring
- Involvement in group Cardiac rehab sessions
- Medication management
- Education of patients and carers
- Monitoring of patient progress and liaising with the Cardiologists as indicated
- Participating in multidisciplinary case conferences
Required skills and experience:
- Current AHPRA registration
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a Registered Nurse with cardiac training essential.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including computer literacy and the ability to work well within an interdisciplinary team
- Effective time management skills and ability to prioritise competing workloads within a busy ward
- Australian Citizen or Australian Permanent Resident.
Longueville Private Hospital is committed to equal employment opportunity and embraces diversity and inclusion within its workforce. As such, people from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. This includes, but is not limited to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, People with Disability, Women and People from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse backgrounds.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email CVs / Cover letters to Bianca.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only successful candidates (with the required experience) will be contacted.
No Agency responses please.
Last updated: 17/02/2020